- FREE admittance to Conference sessions
- Experience an international summit behind the scenes
- Network with like-minded colleagues
- Be invited to the exclusive Gender Summit Dinner
- Get a reference letter for your CV
- Searching for experience in event management
- Interested in gender and science matters
- Friendly, enthusiastic and able to take initiative
- Able to commit to working an entire volunteer shift of 8+ hours
- Strong team player who can also work with minimal supervision
- A minimum of 18 years of age and able to travel to Mexico City
- Read carefully the volunteer information, including opportunities available, time commitments and skills needed for each position
- Choose your preferred volunteer role(s) along with days and times you are available.
Send us your CV (pdf format) and letter of intent by 29 February 2016 Letter of intent should include the following:
- Topics of Interest
- Your interest/reasons in being a volunteer for the GS8
Interested Volunteer position
- Delegate Management
- Session rapporteur/teller
- Social media rapporteur
- Kind of support needed
- Delegate Management - Assist with registration desk set-up/ teardown. Greet delegates as they arrive and assist with delegate questions; Verify photo ID and conference confirmation. Hand out delegate registration kits, name badges and any additional information.
- Session rapporteur/teller – Provide a written summary of a session or discussion (excellent written Spanish/English required).
- Social media rapporteur – Report on the Gender Summit via Twitter, Facebook and other social channels; post images and connect with virtual attendees online.
- Speak English fluently and confidently
- Be an early-stage researcher and Interested in gender and science matters
- Previous experience working at research conferences or other volunteer experience
- Be service-minded, professional and with great attitude
- Presentable and formal appearance
- Be able and willing to support your colleagues as and where needed
- Be familiar with the programme, session times and conference rooms
- Be prepared to provide coverage in other areas if necessary
- Experience as a community manager / be an active user of social networks such as Facebook and Twitter
In exchange for your support, GS8 will cover your registration fees. The number of grants and contributions available is limited and depends on the ability of our partners to extend such support. Organizers will provide food and drinks onsite; the venue is alsolocated close to several shops and food vendors.
Email your interest in applying.